Before my sister and mom came to visit last week, I finished all sorts of half completed projects so my apartment wouldn’t look like Michael’s / Hobby Lobby exploded in it. Tuesday night after work, I was ready to start another .. a burlap wreath! A few friends have created these, but of course I wanted mine to be slightly different and ran across this version on a blog that appeared to be somewhat easy and was versatile.
What you’ll need:
- 2 rolls of burlap ribbon
- Wire hanger
To start, I bent my hanger into a circle and started folding some burlap. Once I “threaded” all the burlap on the hanger, it looked terrible, like terrible.
Hunter realized that the hanger circle should be smaller and used his muscles and pliers to get it to a good size. I re-read the directions and realized I missed the whole “twist and fluff” type maneuver that made the wreath look presentable and not like a 3rd grade art project.
After another 30ish minutes of twisting and adjusting burlap (my hands smelled super burlap-y) I was done. The result:
I painted a wooden E and attached a starfish to personalize the wreath for summer. Then it was ready to be hung!
Update: After hanging on my front door for a few months, I realized that moisture was getting in the starfish and it started to mold –> not ideal. I had to take the starfish & E off of the wreath, which led me to updating the wreath for fall.