Hilton Head is a trip I look forward to going on each year. We think the family has been going to the Palmetto Dunes area of Hilton Head since 2002. Every year we end up laying on the beach, reading, going on walks, eating great food, and just spending time together. At the end of the trip I come home so relaxed.
Here are some of our favorite places on the island:
- Old Oyster Factory: This is the one restaurant we have gone to every year, for 13 years. The restaurant is on the marsh, and has great views during the sunset. I’ve always enjoyed the entrees, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say my favorite item is the hush puppies. And the bottle of Trimbach from the Alsace we order each year. Tens of hush puppies are consumed before dinner — it’s tradition.
- Alexander’s: Another great dinner option located in Palmetto Dunes. Alexander’s is on the creek, and a good option for a nicer dinner if you feel like being a little fancy.
- Marriott: Considering we’ve stayed here almost every year, I had to add it to the list. It’s great to have a place right on the beach, rent chairs, pack a book and cooler, and not worry about a thing. We eat at the restaurant by the pool for lunch every year (Quinn’s? Ocean Blu? It’s changed names). This year I loved the fish tacos, and we had them both days for lunch because they were so good.
- Bistro 17: Bistro 17 has become a favorite place for dinner in Shelter Cove. We love sitting outside, enjoying dinner, and watching the sunset over the docks. Always a great meal!
- Sea Shack: The typical hole in the wall restaurant. You can walk up in a t-shirt, and get your fix of fried seafood. The line can get pretty long, but it’s totally worth it. I think the first time we came here was when the whole family came down, and Little Doe was born.
- Frosty Frog: A restaurant in Coligny Plaza known for their frozen drinks. I’m pretty sure the last time I was here was with Kristen and Andrew when they lived there, sipping drinks with her nurse friends. Ahh…
- Poseidon: This is a new restaurant in the new part of Shelter Cove. I haven’t been yet, but Lauren and Darren ventured over and liked it. Plus they have brunch, and I love me some brunch.
Lauren tried a few new places during their recent trip, and they sounded delicious. You can check them out here.
If you ever visit Hilton Head, I hope you enjoy some of my suggestions! Now I’ll leave you with the annual picture of Lauren and I hanging on the Poseidon statue in Shelter Cove, through the years…
0 Thoughts on “Hilton Head Island”
We love the traditions-especially posing with Poseidon!