The end is in sight – We made it to the final punch list! Granted that punch list is pretty lengthy, but it really is just a long list of small-ish items to get done in order to wrap up the renovation so we can clean, move & setup the house again.
Here’s the list of work over the last few weeks:
- Finish painting ceiling, trim & most walls
- Whitewash fireplace brick
- Paint cabinet doors & drawer fronts
- Install new living room ceiling fan & guest room ceiling fan
- Install appliances in kitchen (!!!!)
- Put new floor grates in
- Put new switches & outlet plates in
- Install under cabinet lighting in kitchen
- Put dining room chandelier back in
- Install kitchen sink & plumbing fixtures
- Clean & move dining room rug, table & buffet
- Install interior door knobs
- Drapes installed in master bedroom
- Drapes installed in nursery
- Clean & move guest bedroom rug & side tables.
- Hook up shower in guest bathroom & upstairs bathroom
- Install vanity mirrors in master, guest & upstairs bathrooms
- Install vanity lights in master & guest bathrooms
- Add floor length mirror to master closet
- Clean kitchen banquet area
- Move new kitchen table in
- Put butcher block counter top on island
I’m not gonna lie, I thought this part would be super fast and we’d be living like normal in our house a few weeks ago, but each of the items on the punch list takes time.. and most have to be done by others so we can’t just do them ourselves.
Regardless of timeline, every time someone leaves after a day of working, I am sooooo excited to see another piece come together. It’s been months in the making, so it’s fun to see all of these decisions we’ve made come to life.
There are still some items left on the punch list (paint French doors, install light in upstairs bathroom, get new bed for guest room, finish installing doors & drawers etc), but the list is much shorter. I also hope to start sharing some sneak peeks of the rooms that we’ve moved back into and are finished soon!
2 Thoughts on “Renovation: Phase 2, Paint & Punch List”
Wow! Kelley & Hunter, it looks fabulous!! Almost there! ❤️💕
So close! Will have a place for y’all to stay if you want to visit Charleston